Over the centuries, energy has been described in many different ways. When you review the multiple definitions of Energy, the most accurate definition seems to be, “Energy is everything and everything is Energy”.
There are many well-established uses for the application of measurable energy fields to diagnose or treat diseases:
- electromagnetic fields in magnetic resonance imaging,
- cardiac pacemakers,
- radiation therapy,
- ultraviolet light for psoriasis,
- laser keratoplasty, and more.
The foundation of energy medicine to health care is that everything that exists, that we see, sense or feel, is energy. Our physical bodies are comprised of various energy fields and energy systems.
There are two types of energy medicine practice.
- The first type is referred to as Biofield therapies which affect energy fields that surround and penetrate the human body. Examples of Biofield therapies include Eden Energy Medicine, Qi Gong, Reiki, and Therapeutic Touch.
- The second type is Electromagnetic-based therapies that involve the unconventional use of electromagnetic fields, such as pulsed fields, magnetic fields, or alternating current or direct current fields. Examples include: acupuncture, magnet therapy, and pulsed electromagnetic fields.
It was discovered that the human body has a subtle bio-energy system made up of energy conduits called meridians. These meridians are interconnected in ways that allow the flow of energy, called Qi or Chi (pronounced chee), to move throughout the body from one meridian to another. Disruptions to the flow of energy created by blockages in any of the meridians can result in illness and disease. The flow and balance of life energies are necessary for maintaining health and there are tools to restore them. Acupuncture, acupressure, Chinese herbal medicine, energy medicine, moxibustion, and cupping, for example, are all geared toward correcting imbalances and restoring the flow of qi (energy) through meridians to reinstate health.
Energy medicine is an approach to healing that treats the subtle energy patterns of the body in order to ease the unpleasant and painful symptoms of illness. Energy medicine is gentle, non-invasive, and does not interfere with conventional treatments in any way.
Many clients have reported that energy medicine has brought relief from specific symptoms and has improved appetite, mood, sleep patterns and vitality, thus enhancing their quality of life.
Get 15 – Minutes Free Consultation
B.Sc., M.Sc., M.B.A., Ph.D.
MACP Program Yorkville Univ.
Emotional Focused Therapist
C/RNHP, B/NFB, EFT & CEPI
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Hassan