Nausea is very common during pregnancy, particularly in the first trimester. There are many Homeopathic remedies that are helpful in relieving it but everyone experiences it in their own way so the expectant mother should be questioned as follows to help narrow down the choice of remedy:
Appetite – increased or decreased?
Thirsty or not?
Preference for hot or cold drinks?
Weepy? Needs comfort or shuns it?
When is mom better or worse?
- In morning, afternoon, evening, or night, specific time?
- Before or after eating?
- After vomiting?
- From motion?
- When lying down?
- From the smell of food?…any particular kind or just the thought of?
The following are some Homeopathic remedies that can help in the first trimester.
- Nausea worse on rising, before eating, from sight and smell of food, lying on side, often occurs 3 pm to 5 pm
- Vomiting worse after eating and a bearing down sensation
- Cravings for sour things, and acids
- Very sensitive to perfumes, food odours, other scents
- Depressed, weepy, wants to be left alone
- Constant nausea, usually with vomiting, worse lying down
- Constant vomiting with no relief, vomits up blood, mucous
- Lots of saliva, Not thirsty, irritable
- Dry heaving, better after vomiting
- Worse after eating but better after fats
- Bloating, distension, heartburn, gas, constipation
- Stomach sensitive to pressure
- Irritable, easily offended
- Worse evening, after eating, warm food and drinks, fatty and spicy foods
- No thirst
- Lots of gas with heartburn, bloating, belching, bitter taste in mouth
- Weepy, needing comfort
- Worries that something will happen to the baby
This is just a small selection of Homeopathic remedies that can help a pregnant woman with nausea in her first trimester of pregnancy. The Homeopaths at Natural Health Clinic of Halton can help in choosing the best remedy for your condition.
Sign up online for NHC’s Healthy Pregnancy Seminar Series beginning February 25th to learn more.
You may also consider the NHC Healthy Conception and Pregnancy program.
Schedule an Appointment with Mary.