Massage therapy primary goal is to improve the patient’s overall health care and well-being by physically manipulating soft body tissues which can be connective tissues, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints. Massage therapy is not something new. It has been around for hundreds of years. Massage therapy can decrease physical dysfunction, stress, and pain.
- Massage treatment has a therapeutic effect on the whole body and improves health care and well-being.
- In humans, the first sense that develops is the touch and also the last sense that fades away.
- There are approximately 5 million touch receptors in our skin, 3 thousand alone at our fingertips.
- In any kind of touch, endorphins get released from the Brain which are the body’s natural pain killers.
- Massage Therapy reduces heart rate, lower blood pressure which helps lowers depression and relaxes the body. It instantly relaxes the body and reduces stress levels.
- An hour massage therapy can have the same effect as 8 hours of good relaxed sleep.